January 2, 2019
Powering Possibilities …for Today & Tomorrow!
A leader in sustainable energy, TransAlta has over 100 years of experience generating power and is one of Canada’s top 50 Socially Responsible Companies since 2009, recognized as a global leader for sustainability and corporate responsibility standards. TransAlta operates 75 facilities in three countries; Australia, Canada, and United States.
TransAlta is committed to fostering a dynamic, productive and safe work environment. Our employees contribute to a diverse, open, and transparent culture with clear accountability, strong leadership and challenging opportunities for personal career growth.
TransAlta is currently recruiting for a Wind Technician, Wind Operations for their Melancthon Wind Asset. The purpose of this position is to ensure safe and reliable operation and maintenance of the Melancthon wind asset; through application of operating/maintenance standards, procedures and processes that ensure compliance with regulatory requirements. This position exists to develop and implement operations and maintenance strategies up to a three-month time span. In addition, this role is accountable to provide leadership through developing, implementing and managing the daily to three- month business plan in alignment with the Supervisor’s business plan. This role is accountable to ensure the portfolio adheres to TransAlta’s operating model.
- Ensure optimal performance through daily work scheduling, planning, and implementation of maintenance, service, and repair of wind turbine equipment through a team of wind technicians and contractors capable of producing the agreed deliverables.
- Supporting the daily to three-month operations and maintenance plan in alignment with the Stratum 2 Supervisor’s business plan through driving operational performance, achievement of business results and continuous improvement.
- Operational compliance to EHS, NERC, OHS, etc., plant availability, and cost standards through adherence to TransAlta operating procedures, policies and applicable regulations.
- Drive for results in the areas of safety, compliance, plant availability, and cost through ensuring all routine and preventative maintenance is performed accurately, on time, and of a high quality and documented correctly.
- Support the Stratum 1 Lead Technician(s) and Stratum 2 Supervisor as part of a high-performance team of employees and contractors to achieve expected outcomes of the plants.
- Be adequately trained, qualified and competent in the roles and compliant with training.
- Identifying and mitigating risk that could negatively impact the agreed to outcomes or business results and identifying and realizing opportunities that could positively impact the agreed to outcomes or business results.
- Contribute to a collaborative work environment within the team, peers, stakeholders and support groups to ensure issues may be resolved in a professional and productive manner.
- Uphold TransAlta values, thereby maintaining and enhancing reputation and stakeholder relations.
- Appropriate certification or education in a related discipline, and/or possess tangible and proven experience and skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of concepts and principles within own discipline and knowledge of others.
- Understanding of the operational aspects of the plant – technical, compliance, and financial.
- Thorough understanding of the TransAlta operation model.
- Plant risk and related mitigation strategies.
- Understanding of contractor requirements, procurement processes, and inventory management.
- Strong understanding of how related teams coordinate their efforts and resources to achieve objectives.
- Demonstrated capability to:
- Climb and work at heights up to 100 meters.
- Perform electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and repairs on wind turbine equipment.
- Perform electronic and electrical control circuit troubleshooting, field and bench.
- Understand hydraulic systems associated with wind turbine equipment.
- Work with high pressure hydraulic torque and tension tooling.
- Understand SCADA systems, controls software, and communication systems.
- Working knowledge of high voltage equipment (as required) including transformers, collections systems, and substations.
- Identify and mitigate risks / realize opportunities.
- Operate successfully in a multi-tasking environment with changing priorities.
- Identify business and / or productivity improvement initiatives.
- Capture and apply lessons learned.
- Coach and mentor team members
- Demonstrated capability to participate in cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize to meet agreed deliverables.
- Promotes co-operation, collaboration and partnership between individuals and groups.
- Demonstrates ownership and commitment to delivering business outcomes and benefits. Holds self responsible for problems and delivery of results.
- Demonstrated ability to stay calm under pressures – obtains timely input before making decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to make hard decisions while maintaining the respect of others.
- Demonstrates a positive and proactive attitude towards change.
- Committed to strive for continuous improvement and demonstrated ability to apply learnings.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with peers and engage cross-functional support to establish business plans, achieve business results and drive business improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and convey ideas and information, both verbally and in writing, in a way that brings about understanding, commitment and results.
- Must fully apply oneself to all requirements of the position.
- Values the work, is passionate to succeed, is committed to deliver business results, and works with deliberate intent and urgency.
- Self-motivated and works with minimal supervision while consistently taking initiative.
- Strives for continuous improvement and collaborates within a team to deliver outcomes in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Strives to establish, maintain and strengthen relationships with peers, leaders, vendors, and stakeholders.
- Committed to upholding and operating within all applicable standards, rules and regulations.
- Available outside normal working hours as required for planned or unplanned events and critical projects.
- Limited travel may be required to perform the functions of the role.
Our comprehensive and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, incentive and rewards programs form the foundation of TransAlta’s excellent employment proposition.
Come on board! Click here to apply for this position.
Our commitment is to attract and retain the best talent. This position will require the successful completion of one or more background checks such as criminal, medical, or compliance.
Powered by Preisvergleich