March 27, 2018
You are recognized for your autonomy, independence, and your strong sense of organization. Others say about you that you are an excellent communicator and a details-oriented person. You have the desire to work in a company strong with its human values and its role as a pioneer in the field of renewable energies.
Reporting to the Director, Project Development, the candidate will support our project development in Alberta, by managing early stages renewable energy projects from concept level until ready for construction. The candidate’s responsibilities will include:
- Work and coordinate projects with a remote and diverse internal team based in BC, Ontario and Quebec.
- Manage the various stages of project development (including budget, studies, approvals, etc.);
- Analyze requests for proposals and coordinate the preparation of submissions;
- Develop and maintain relationships with landowners and other stakeholders;
- Ensure liaison with government on relevant issues;
- Coordinate the review of resource prospecting and analysis;
- Coordinate the interconnection and regulatory/permitting approval processes;
- Work with diverse regulatory bodies and stakeholders;
- Coordinate due diligence;
* The position will be located in Calgary and requires frequent travels to Vancouver. The candidate must be available and willing to travel to many sites. If requested, the candidate could also be based in Vancouver and travel to Calgary frequently. *
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering and/or MBA (asset);
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience, preferably in resource development;
- Significant project management experience (or training);
- Good communication and collaboration skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and autonomy;
- Bilingualism (French and English) is considered asset.
- A growing company in the renewable energy sector;
- A retirement plan with employer contributions;
- A flexible benefit insurance plan (life, medical, dental).