March 27, 2019
The Wind Power Plant Technician is responsible for the onsite operations, maintenance, repairs and replacement of equipment at the commissioned Wind Power projects (KEPA, KEC).
The Wind Power Plant Technician reports directly to the Site Lead and/or General Manager – Ontario & Western Canada and actively collaborates with the Siemens Site Lead Technician.
No position reports to the Wind Power Plant Technician.
- In collaboration with Siemens & other Kruger Technicians, operate and maintain the wind plant equipment in an efficient manner to maximize short and long-term power generation.
- Perform mechanical and electrical component repair or replacement of parts to correct malfunctions following all manufacturers’ requirements.
- Perform continuous improvement activities and/or troubleshooting to improve operations.
- Comply with all project environmental health and safety programs to both worker and employer safety.
- Perform preventive maintenance in accordance with OEM maintenance manuals and/or Kruger maintenance schedules to maximize equipment life in a cost-efficient manner.
- Support operations via on-call rotation.
- Assist in duties related to landowner properties or similarly-related issues as directed.
- Additional duties as required.
- Renewable Energy or Electromechanical diploma or equivalent, preferably with wind industry experience.
- Ability to climb 80 meter steel towers on a daily basis to perform maintenance in the nacelle and hub. Note personal fitness must be maintained to achieve this including maintaining weight in order to not exceed the maximum ladder rating of 300lbs (includes all clothing, safety equipment)
- Ability to frequently lift items weighing 1 to 60 pounds and occasionally lift items up to 100 pounds.
- Computer skills utilizing word processing, spreadsheets, email, facility control, management and reporting systems. Including the use of computerized diagnostic and troubleshooting tools.
- Ability to interpret and follow a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Possession of writing skills to meet reporting obligations.
- Willing to work schedule, overtime, on holidays, weekends, call in and on short notice.
- Ability to work in extremely adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to work with low and medium voltage and around high voltage.
- Familiarity with maintenance and electronic testing equipment. (i.e. multimeter, hydraulic torquing, alignment and various hand and power tools.)
- Every employee must implement Kruger environmental policy in their daily tasks. In particular, employees are responsible to abide by legal and corporate environmental requirements, and must adhere to all environmental procedures. Every employee is responsible to report all environmental incidents and any potential environmental hazards.
- Every employee has the duty to take the necessary measures to protect their health and safety, as well as the safety of others in their work environment. Every employee should participate in the identification and elimination of hazards at work.
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources Agent