September 26, 2018
|DEPARTMENT: Construction||ROLE: Project Scheduler|
|START DATE: TBD||POSITION TERM: Full-Time|
|COMPENSATION: TBD||TRAVEL REQUIRED: No|
The Project Scheduler is responsible for creating, updating and coordinating project schedules. Creates resource usage model and predictions. Works closely with team leaders to build, evaluate and optimize project schedules. The Project Scheduler will participate in a cross-functional team environment in development and oversight of development- and construction-related project schedules.
As a highly motivated individual with very good organization, technical, and communication skills, you will work with a team of professionals to deliver superior service. The “ideal” candidate will come from a renewable-energy background and bring with them project management and technical expertise that can be built upon within Potentia, although other backgrounds are welcomed.
Reporting to the Project Management Office, primary responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Work closely with the project team to develop, maintain and manage the project schedule; to include development, engineering, construction, supply chain, regulatory and finance-related activities;
- Participate in regular project team meetings across multiple projects;
- Ensure that all projects are being scheduled and forecast using a consistent methodology;
- Prepare spend curves and cash-flow forecasts during the life-cycle of the project, responsible for reporting schedule deliverables to the project lead and the project team;
- Assist or lead in the creation of comprehensive schedule submissions using the Project Success Method, resource and cost loading as necessary; and
- Regularly review critical path, cost loading, schedule content, use of relationships and lag, constraints and milestones;
- Provide schedule analysis and metrics to key stakeholders on a regular basis
The Project Scheduler will work with the project leadership team to perform scenario analysis and provide data to enable decisions such as:
- Defining an appropriate WBS in line with the adopted project development and project delivery strategy
- How to monitor and control the project through the various phases of the project lifecycle
- How to manage the interface between the various contracts
- Completion dates of any project’s portions
- Maximizing efficiency of the project strategy with respect to cost, time and contingency
- Risk and opportunity management.
- Participate in the development of standards to support the functional groups in successful delivery of projects.
During the execution stage, the Project Scheduler will work with the people responsible for executing the work to monitor and control the project, including:
- Updating the schedule and comparing the actual work performed against the baseline program
- Review vendor, sub-contractor and consultant schedule submittals and incorporate appropriate information into the schedule(s)
- Identifying and reporting variances, and regularly updating the schedule and reporting on any changes
- Identifying activities impacting the schedule’s critical path and facilitating the identification of opportunities to accelerate completion of the work, or measures to avoid potential delays
- Assist in the review of the schedule and status of the plans during all phases of the projects
- Reporting on project statuses, trends, forecasts and cashflow
- Reporting on project contingency, and schedule risks and opportunities.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate must be able to operate in a fast-paced, high-growth work environment and operate entrepreneurially and collaboratively to accomplish deliverables. Potentia’s employees relish a challenge and look forward to exercising creative freedom to accomplish new tasks. Outstanding time management and prioritizing skill is required to be a successful candidate.
The ideal candidate will possess the following combination of experience, knowledge, and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in project scheduling is ideal
- Certification received through Oracle, PMI or other similar organizations focused on recognition of expertise in Project Management is helpful
- Experience in project planning/scheduling within the renewables industry (wind and/or solar);
- Proficiency with scheduling software, with a strong preference placed on MS Project, and/or Primavera P6;
- Requires strong computer skills to include Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project and database applications.
- An understanding of critical path methodology to ensure, and communicate, timely delivery of milestone tasks;
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work under pressure (timelines and deadlines) when required