Reading Time: <1 minutes
The Government of India signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Government of Denmark on 06.02.2008 for cooperation in New and Renewable Energy (NRE) between Danish and Indian entities with the aim of developing NRE technologies.
Under the framework of above MoU, a strategic sector cooperation agreement in the field of renewable energy with a focus on offshore wind energy was signed on 06.03.2019 between the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) and The Ministry for Energy, Utilities and Climate, The Kingdom of Denmark.
The main objectives of the cooperation agreement are as follows;
- Technical capacity building for management of off-shore wind projects.
- Measures to develop and sustain a highly efficient wind industry, onshore as well as offshore.
- Measures to ensure high quality of wind turbines, components, and certification requirements.
- Forecasting and scheduling of offshore wind.
- Any other area as may be mutually agreed upon.
This information was given by Shri R K Singh , Union Minister of New & Renewable Energy and Power, in a written reply in the Lok Sabha today.