Bridgepoint Acquires Windar from Siemens Gamesa and Grupo Daniel Alonso 


Reading Time: 1 minutes

Bridgepoint has entered into an agreement with Siemens Gamesa and Grupo Daniel Alonso to acquire Windar, a prominent global manufacturer of wind turbine towers and substructures for the offshore wind sector. 

Grupo Daniel Alonso is the majority shareholder with a 68% stake while Siemens Gamesa holds the remaining 32% in Windar. 

Orlando Alonso, the current President, and CEO of Windar, will retain his role and also hold indirect minority ownership in the company. The acquisition by Bridgepoint is anticipated to stimulate the growth of Windar. The transaction will be finalised by the end of 2023, pending the customary regulatory approvals.

Commenting on the development, Jochen Eickholt, Siemens Gamesa’s CEO, said “The sale of Siemens Gamesa’s stake in Windar is a natural decision for us, as part of our strategy to focus on our core business: wind turbine design, manufacturing including blades, installation and maintenance.” 

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.